Rs 50,000 crore available for claim
The Companies Act of 2013 mandates unclaimed or unpaid dividends, matured deposits, matured debentures, and any other amount payable to the shareholders of a company remaining unclaimed or unpaid for a period of seven years must be transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) managed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Where a dividend has not been paid or claimed within 30 days of declaration, the company must transfer the funds within 7 days to an Unpaid Dividend Account. Within ninety days of transfer, public notice containing shareholder name, last known address and amount is required. Funds which remain unpaid or unclaimed for 7 years are then remitted to the IEPFA.
As of 2021, the fund contained approximately INR 77,000 crore ($10.4 billion USD). Transferred monies are utilized to advance the education and protection of investors, until reclaimed by shareholders or heirs.
Once you have located your missing stock or unclaimed dividends, you’ll need to prove ownership or entitlement using share certificates, dividend warrants, and other relevant documents including one or more of the following:
- Aadhaar card of holder or passport/OCI/PIO card for NRIs.
- Client master list of claimant demat account
- Proof of ownership or entitlement, such as a share certificate, dividend warrant or statement
If the original shareholder is deceased, a notarised copy of death certificate and succession documentation and indemnity bond may be required.
For details see: IEPF Claims Form
Search Company Unclaimed Dividend Accounts
- Reliance Industries
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- HDFC Bank Limited
- Infosys Limited
- ICICI Bank Limited
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
- Bajaj Finance Limited
- Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Bharti Airtel Limited
- State Bank of India
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- Axis Bank Ltd
- Wipro Ltd
- Asian Paints Ltd
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
Unclaimed Stock & Dividends Search Assistance
Contact Stock Registrars & Transfer Agents
It is often useful to check with major company Share Registrars and Transfer Agents when searching for a lost shareholding. RTA’s maintain company shareholder lists, and handle transfers and payments.
- Karvy Fintech Private Limited
- Link Intime India Private Limited
- Alankit Assignments Limited
- KFin Technologies Private Limited
- CAMS Investor Services Private Limited
- TSR Darashaw Limited
- S.K.D.C. Consultants Limited
- Integrated Registry Services Limited
- Beetal Financial & Computer Services Private Limited
- MCS Share Transfer Agent Limited